My name is David A. Sargent. I am the pulpit minister of the church of Christ at Creekwood in Mobile, Alabama, USA. Under the direction of one of our elders, Michael Eddlemon, and with the expertise of our brother in Christ, Chris Presley, we are currently sending out a weekly Outreach publication entitled Living Water.
Our DESIRE for Living Water is to direct our readers to Jesus, the “Living Water” who satisfies the thirst of our souls.
Our GOAL is to provide messages from God’s Word that will help our readers gain a greater understanding of the will of God as revealed in the Scriptures.
Our EMPHASIS is EVANGELISM. Although members of the Lord’s church may find the weekly issues helpful, our primary targets are those who have NOT yet obeyed the gospel (click here).
- You are invited to use our Outreach publication as you see fit. We began by sending “Living Water” to all of the Creekwood members, encouraging them to forward the weekly issues to as many people as they possibly can, especially to their friends and acquaintances that may NOT know Christ!
- We invite you to use this tool in a similar manner. Our prayer is that God will use the “Living Water” Outreach program to His glory in bringing others to Christ!
- To utilize “Living Water” simply forward the issues to others inviting them to subscribe at the home page of this web site.
- Included with each issue of “Living Water” we have a link to a church of Christ directory. With this tool, a reader may find the nearest location of a congregation (or congregations) of the church of Christ, anywhere in the world! This would mean that if someone in your area read an issue and wanted to find a local church, they would be directed to YOUR congregation!
Our EARNEST PRAYER is that with every drink of “Living Water” more and more will be brought closer to the Lord and His will for our lives.
“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to ALL generations, forever and ever. Amen.”
Ephesians 3:20-21, NKJV
The response to “Living Water” has been great! Here are just a few of the comments we have been receiving:
- The idea for Living Water is GREAT and the presentation is also very professional — but more, importantly, the message is encouraging, not intimidating, and it is the truth. I pray that many non-Christians will be encouraged to find a Bible to read and a friend to teach them.
- Thank you for the Living Water publications. I enjoy them and I share them in my Jail and prison ministries. I am currently going into the jail every Sunday studying with the female inmates. We were blessed to baptize three of the inmates. Keep up the good work.
- We are a not-for-profit organization that helps families with clothing, groceries, household furnishings, etc. in times of need. I look forward each week to receiving Living Water. They are simple enough for our clients to understand, short enough that they don’t become bored, yet powerful enough to get their attention. Again, thank you for your work. It does make a difference
- Thank you for sending me “Living Water”. I have been passing these to my own children & church members whose family members are not Christians and I found it a good way to share God’s Word with them.
- What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sending this to me. I know I’ll enjoy the weekly issues and I will get the Word around to others.
- Wow this is great!!! I am honored to have a part in your ministry. There really is no limit to what you can do on the Internet and the more good we get out there the better!!! I will forward these to all my contacts! God is so good and powerful and awesome, Amen?
- I appreciate your efforts, please keep them coming. I will definitely do my part in forwarding the Good News. May the Lord continue to bless you and your congregation as well as all of the body of Christ.
- Just a note of appreciation for the good lessons you send to us. They are Biblical, straight forward, and simple enough to benefit my children.
- “I frequently use your articles in the bulletin I put together and which is also sent to several prisoners. One of the recipients, who reads it faithfully, has decided to be baptized. I just wanted you to know this because most of us never know that we had any part in causing someone to obey the Gospel”
- “I asked a lady here to translate your Living Water article “Miracle on the Hudson” into Chinese. We used it in our local Chinese church bulletin one Sunday, and now I am writing to ask your permission to use it on our radio station and on our website. I find many of your Living Water articles very interesting, timely and well-written. Thanks!”
- I have shared some of your Living Water articles with some of my friends.
Your article entitled “Earning My Place ” touched a cord and I was asked to translate the article into French. Please do continue the good work! May God continue to bless you and multiply the fruits of your labor.
- I thoroughly enjoy and look forward to your on-line article each week. I use your materials often in our bulletin and classes I teach. God bless you for your doctrinal soundness and creative prose.
- Your messages Living Water are always attention grabbing, interesting and true to the teaching of the New Testament, and I simply want to thank you for sending them to me. I pray that many souls who haven’t yet been freed from sin and introduced to the kingdom of God will read these messages and respond in simple faith and obedience. God bless this good work!